Search This Blog

Food Friday



8 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Dexie, with her post Blueberry Twisted Cinnamon Bread, on her blog Feistycook (...simply delicious home-cooked meals, etc...)

Looking at Ms. Dexie's shot I am reminded of my mom's cinnamon roll and I wish I can make one myself. My mom normally doesn't use cinnamon much, but when it comes to making breads, she loves adding cinnamon!  It just brings back so many happy memories. Do click on the shot above to check out Ms. Dexie's step-by-step instructions on how she made this delicious treat!
------------ oo000oo ------------
This week's post is something that we have daily (me, usually) and I just decided to dress it up a bit: Rice (served with Bitter Gourd Fritata in this meal).


Ingredients
  • rice (i used freshly cooked steamed rice, which was still warm to better absorb the other ingredients)
  • olive oil (extra virgin)
  • parsley (chopped fine, or you may use dried herbs)
  • salt and pepper
  • calamansi/lemon juice


Procedure
  • Transfer the still warm rice to another container for mixing.
  • Add the olive oil, chopped parsley, salt, pepper and the calamansi/lemon juice.
  • Mix everything well.
  • Serve with your preferred dish. I had bitter gourd and eggs available, so I made something that resembled a fritata.

Instead of making fried rice I decided to make this instead. Definitely easier and faster! lol. It was refreshing (I guess because of the calamansi juice and parsley?) and was lighter compared to the usual fried rice. Healthier? I don't know. Or maybe, because of the bitter gourd. :D

Today is Good Friday from where I'm at ... A Blessed Holy Week to those who practice this religious rite.

Thank you so much for playing with me, foodies! I really appreciate the time and effort you all take on a weekly basis sharing your food post; plus we all get to learn new and delicious treats each week! Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you may use the buttons with the corresponding links here, or a simple text linking back here is also fine), to be able to add your link below. Do visit other linked food posts, too! I tell you, it is a fun and delicious hop we have here! :)



get the InLinkz code

8 shared thoughts:

Winnie at: Fri Mar 29, 01:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Yummy feature!! I'd like to eat it....
Thank you for the party Maiylah and I wish you a wonderful holiday

Oggi at: Fri Mar 29, 02:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Ginisang ampalaya with eggs is a favorite and I never thought of making it into frittata. Great idea! Thanks.

Have a blessed Holy Week.

Jean Soo at: Fri Mar 29, 07:45:00 PM GMT+8 said...

great recipes!

Intelliblog at: Fri Mar 29, 07:52:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Both look delicious. Must try the rice with frittata!
Thanks for hosting and Happy Easter!

Intelliblog at: Fri Mar 29, 07:53:00 PM GMT+8 said...

PS: Look at this free online course - "Food, Nutrition and your Health":

https://www.open2study.com/subjects/food-nutrition-and-your-health

Jenn at: Fri Mar 29, 11:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Ampalaya with Eggs... that's something new for me. Ummm, hindi ba nag-kontra ang asim ng kalamansi at yung pait ng ampalaya?

maiylah at: Thu Apr 04, 12:49:00 PM GMT+8 said...

@Winnie: thanks, Winnie! am sharing! :)

@Ms. Oggi: my parents love that dish and i guess the "tradition" to have one for breakfast got into me. lol. sad to say, hubby and the youngest aren't fans (just me and the eldest). Hope you had a blessed Holy Week, too!

@Jean: ooooooh, so happy "seeing" you again, Jean!!! welcome back!!

@Jenn: nope, di naman. have you tried the ampalaya-pineapple salad? it more or less works on the same principle (except maybe that the pineapple is sweeter). the rice actually reminded me of a salad. lol - maybe because of the olive oil and calamansi. :D btw, love your salad post! bookmarked it!

thanks so much to everyone that joined in this week's Food Friday!
much much appreciated! <3

maiylah at: Sat Apr 13, 04:45:00 AM GMT+8 said...

@Nicholas: hi Nick! so sorry, found your comment in my spam folder and published it just now! thanks so much, specially the link!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post