Search This Blog

Food Friday



5 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Oggi, with her post Strawberry Swirl Bread, on her site: I Can Do That!

I so admire Ms. Oggi's talent when it comes to making her own breads, cakes, and other foodie treats! Do check out her blog, foodies! You wouldn't regret it!
------------ oo000oo -------------

My food post for today: cakes (mostly)!


This was one of the shops that hubby said I must not miss, when we went to Davao a couple of weeks ago: Lachi's. He knows I like cakes and a colleague of his suggested this place. Am glad we went there!

I would have wanted to try their other cakes (there were lots!), but I felt that I already had way too much (I downed two slices - the mud pie and a pecan pie, together with the tea. lol). My youngest finished a slice of their five layer chocolate cake all by himself (he loved it!), while my eldest had hot choco and a piece of sans rival. The cheeseburger was hubby's choice - he isn't that fond of cakes. :P

The place was small, and could be easily missed. Good thing it was air conditioned, and comfortable; though am sure some customers had to wait (or leave) because they can't wait to be seated. Parking space is a bit of a problem, though. We were lucky the road wasn't that busy. Will definitely go back and try some of their other cakes!




get the InLinkz code

5 shared thoughts:

Hazel at: Fri May 24, 01:24:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Any place with a teapot like that would instantly become a fave of mine!

Winnie at: Fri May 24, 05:17:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you Maiylah for another party :)
I think the Strawberry Swirl Cake that Oggi made is absolutely gorgeous !!

Oggi at: Fri May 24, 11:05:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thanks again for the pick.:)

I want the five layer cake and pecan pie too!

Intelliblog at: Sat May 25, 07:01:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Good to have nice sweet treats now and then!
Thanks for hosting this meme.

maiylah at: Thu May 30, 09:58:00 PM GMT+8 said...

@Hazel: oh yeah, the teapot got to me, too! plus the unusual tea. :)

@Winnie: thank you too, Winnie :)

@Ms. Oggi: you're welcome! i wanted to try all! too much for me, though. lol

@Nick: so true! and thanks so much for linking again!

thank you all for sharing your delicious food posts!! much much appreciated!! :)

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post